A little bit of different blog post today. I am sharing my favorite books! I love to read and I have a long list of books I want to read on my Amazon wish list. Anyone else??
A few of these books are just fun and easy to read again and again. Most of these books have impacted me in a profound way and have drawn me closer to Jesus as I journey with Him. First and foremost I just read the actual Bible. I have used many various plans and apps. Use whatever works for you-- get into His Word each day! You will be blessed!
Here are my lists:
- The Cook and the Gardner (Amanda Hesser)
- Cooking for Mr. Latte (Amanda Hesser)
- A Homemade Life (Molly Wizenberg)
- Tending Roses (Lisa Wingate)
- Ragamuffin Gospel (Brennan Manning)
- Ruthless Trust (Brennan Manning) (ok, anything by Brennan Manning!)
- Prayer (Richard Foster)
- Celebration of Discipline (Richard Foster)
- Spirit of Discipline (Dallas Willard)
- Jesus Calling (daily devotional by Sarah Young)
- Experiencing God (Henry Balckaby)
- Bringing Out the Best in People (Alan Loy McGinnis)
- One Thousand Gifts (Ann Voskamp)
- Good and Beautiful God (James Bryan Smith) (This will be a new favorite!)
- Daily Office (daily devotional by Peter Scazzero)
- The Road Back to You (a book about the Enneagram by Ian Morgan Cron)
- Book of John for BSF (Bible study. Highly recommended! Ask me for more information)
- Knowing God (J.I. Packer) (I am a little stuck in this one! Anyone want to join me to read it along with me this summer??)
I also have lots of books I am reading for my Life Coaching classes and several favorites in Family Ministry, Mentoring, and Theology from my time in seminary. I also have read many parenting and marriage books, and I love to read almost any cookbook.
What are your favorite books? Comment below or on fb.
I would love to hear from you!